Facing Unfair Competition?
Los Angeles Business Lawyer Robert Klein Protects Intellectual Property Rights
Unfair competition is damaging to any business. Whether your company is an established competitor in its market or a new entry into a local, national or international marketplace, fighting back against unfair competition can strengthen your business’s success and reputation. Litigation attorney Robert Klein has been handling business disputes like unfair competition claims since 1987, and he can help your company maintain its integrity. He is one of the best California Unfair Competition Lawyers in the area.
What Is Unfair Competition?
Under Unfair competition law California, unfair competition refers to the practicing of a misleading or deceptive business that causes monetary damage to different organizations or to consumers that can be their competitors in terms of their sales and demand. It incorporates various zones of law including acts by one contender or many competitors which may hurt one another in the field, and which may also lead to criminal offenses and sometimes loss to their own businesses.
In this matter, our California Unfair Competition Lawyers can give you easy yet possible ways to tackle with these competitors and show them that unfair competition never wins.
Unfair competition laws are governed by the government and the state laws, including court decisions under customary law. As per the United States Constitution, Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 known as the “Business Clause,” this area gives the premise to Congress’ control of the unfair competition. Moreover, a number of states have received their own particular variant of the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, which characterizes and secures exchange privileged insights. The law basically secures any data that gives a business a focused profit in a similar industry. If you need help to understand the laws relating to unfair competition in California, call our office to speak with a Los Angeles unfair competition lawyer or attorney.
Types of Unfair Trade Practices
Many companies engage in underhanded and unfair business tactics that fall under the umbrella of unfair competition. California’s Unfair Competition Act forbids companies from unlawful, unfair and fraudulent acts. Examples of unfair competition include:
- Predatory Pricing: Your competitors may deliberately under-price items to undermine your sales, or they may ‘bait and switch’ by offering customers an introductory price on goods or services in order to ‘steal’ the sale, then later inflate the price to make a profit.
- Unfair Pressure: Your competitors may pressure your trade associates to not do business with you, deny you the goods and services you require for business operations or inflate your base costs.
- False Advertising: Your competitors may falsely advertise their goods or services to discredit yours or lure in more customers than they would normally attract with honest advertising.
- Misrepresentation: Your competitors may deliberately misrepresent their products as yours or may misrepresent themselves as a better supplier of the same goods and services you offer.
- Illegal Practices and Procedures: Your competitors may knowingly break the law when competing for customers, either by disregarding laws currently on the books, by using unfair sales tactics, by breaking non-compete agreements or by knowingly violating state and federal regulations when bidding on contracts.
If you are the victim of unfair business practices, your company has the right to sue for damages. Business litigation lawyers can assess your company’s losses and file suit for recompense. He can identify your competitors’ specific misdeeds, and bring them to light in a court of law. Los Angeles unfair competition can easily be made unsuccessful with the help of our highly professional California Unfair Competition Lawyers. Contact our office now to schedule a meeting with our California unfair competition lawyers and attorneys. Our attorney will help you better understand the Unfair competition law in California.
Business Litigation Lawyers for Unfair Competition
There is no reason to suffer the loss of company revenue due to the unfair actions of a competitor who refuses to ‘play by the rules’. If your company or corporation has incurred significant damage due to unfair competition, contact our business lawyer, one of the best to practice Unfair competition law in California, to discuss your case. Call (323) 653-3900 today or submit a contact form. There are no charges for your first consultation. Our attorney will help you better understand Los Angeles unfair competition laws.
Call For A Case Evaluation